巴黎人官方app’s Multi-Year Accessibility Plan outlines how the organization meets/plans to meet its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). This 2014-21 Accessibility Plan outlines the policies and actions that 巴黎人官方app Corporation and its affiliates (“巴黎人官方app”) have put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
Statement of Commitment
At 巴黎人官方app we believe that learning technologies should never limit learning opportunities. Our accessibility program is tightly integrated with our research and development lifecycle to ensure our tools are standards-compliant and easy for people to navigate, understand and operate using the assistive technologies and devices that support their needs.
巴黎人官方app is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by mitigating and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Accessible Emergency Information
巴黎人官方app is committed to providing customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
Preventative and Emergency Maintenance
巴黎人官方app has the following plan in place for dealing with temporary disruptions to accessibility to public spaces at its headquarters
- 巴黎人官方app will post a notice of the temporary disruption at its main entranceway, or if access to the main entranceway is compromised, near the elevator to leading to the main entranceway
- If the elevator is not working, 巴黎人官方app employees and visitors will be provided with instructions to access the service elevator
- 巴黎人官方app may establish a temporary reception during business hours in an appropriate location to ensure all individuals requiring access to 巴黎人官方app public spaces are informed of the disruption and 巴黎人官方app’s plan to deal with the temporary disruption
- 巴黎人官方app can schedule meetings on an accessible floor if an accessible meeting space is required
Policies and Training
巴黎人官方app will provide training to employees, interns, and other personnel on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees and other personnel.
巴黎人官方app takes the following steps to ensure employees and other personnel are provided with the training needed to meet Ontario’s accessible laws:
- Making available our AODA Customer Service Standard Policy to employees
- Requiring employees in Ontario to complete our AODA Training Course, which is available on The Academy, 巴黎人官方app’s internal learning resource centre
- Tracking completion rates and following-up with employees that have not completed the course
巴黎人官方app reviews all policies on an annual basis for appropriate revisions relating to accessibility, if any. The Multi-Year Accessibility Plan will be reviewed and updated at least once every five years, and as required.
Information and Communications
巴黎人官方app is committed to meeting the information and communication needs of its clients, prospects, vendors and other stakeholders with disabilities. Information will be made available in alternative formats as requested.
With regard to its products, 巴黎人官方app’s research and development philosophy focuses on developing a common platform and control set for use across our product suite. This common infrastructure enables us to verify and enforce accessibility requirements early in the development phase. It also ensures our development teams take advantage of designs and controls that are researched and tested with accessibility experts and end users.
巴黎人官方app takes all necessary steps to make all new websites and content on those sites conform with WCAG 2.1, Level AAA, such as:
- Test all web properties and content using accepted industry tools to ensure they meet WCAG 2.1, Level AAA standards
- Develop internal processes and policies to ensure all new content and web properties are developed to meet or exceed the requirements under AODA
巴黎人官方app takes the following steps to ensure existing feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities upon request:
- Ensure all channels for accessibility feedback meet WCAG 2.1, Level AAA and AODA requirements
- Ensure all requests for accommodation are reviewed and addressed in an appropriate timeframe
巴黎人官方app takes the following steps to make sure all publicly available information is made accessible upon request:
- Accept feedback on any accessibility concerns through a variety of communication mediums including email, in-person, phone, and written letters
巴黎人官方app is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
巴黎人官方app takes the following steps to notify the public and staff that, when requested, we will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment process:
- On the 巴黎人官方app career website and on job postings, specify that accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities
- Inform applicants selected to participate in the interview process that accommodations are available during the recruitment process upon request
- When requested, consult with the applicant and implement suitable accommodations
Upon hire, 巴黎人官方app also ensures these steps are taken to improve accessibility for current employees:
- Implementing necessary changes to the work environment for employees of 巴黎人官方app
- Inform all employees of policies in place to support employees with disabilities
- Provide accessible formats and communication accommodations for employees
- Provide individualized workplace emergency response information to employees who have a disability
- Develop individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability by following up with employees that are in the process of returning to work to see what accommodations can be made for them
- Accommodate employees during performance management, career development and redeployment processes
巴黎人官方app also takes the following steps to prevent and remove other accessibility barriers identified:
- Consult and test with people with disabilities using a variety of assistive technologies to ensure accessibility and usability of Brightspace
- Seek feedback on accessibility at 巴黎人官方app from clients, guests, employees and other personnel
- Determine the best action required to help accommodate anyone with a disability visiting our office or using 巴黎人官方app products
- Implement necessary accommodations and follow-up to ensure the situation has been resolved
For more information and accessible versions of 巴黎人官方app’s Accessibility Plan, please contact:
Jennifer Honsinger, Manager, People Operations and Systems
Phone: + X3204